SPLIT-CANE FLY RODS
WHO AM I?
Don Andersen - A profile
- Born and raised in Alberta's trout country 40 miles South West of Calgary
- Lives in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta
- Started fishing @ 10 - tying flies @ 12.
- Made his first fiberglass flyrod @ 22
- Made his first graphite rod @ 29
- Instructs fly fishing/ fly tying courses since 1971
- Alberta Fish and Game club chair for fish @ club level, regional level and Provincial level
- Made his first cane rod @ 37
- Founding member and director of the Central Alberta Chapter of Trout Umlimited
- Presently Co-Habitat Chairman of Central Alberta Chapter of Trout Unlimited
- Fishes about 100>110 trips/year
His rods - A Profile
Don creates a series of trout fly rods in lengths of 6 foot carrying 2 weights
to 8 foot 6 weights that are designed to handle most trout fishing.
Each rod is made by handplanning select culms of seasoned Tonkin cane to
exacting specifications. Furnishings are at the pleasure of the purchaser.
See details on the Rods page